The Sarova Panafric Shines At The World Luxury Hotel Awards Ceremony
In yet another win this year for Sarova Hotels and Resorts, the Sarova Panafric came out shining at the recent World Luxury Hotel Awards ceremony held in Antalya Turkey, cementing its position among the top most preferred hotels by organizations and individuals for hosting regional and global events, including those more life-changing and memorable, such as weddings.
Scooping Continental Winner in the Luxury Banqueting/Event Hotel
category, Sarova Panafric’s win was arrived at in a global exercise that required both existing and potential customers to vote for their favorite luxury hotel and resort.
With its notable contribution to Kenya’s historic revolution, the hotel is aptly named after the Pan-Africanism Movement and is an idyllic city getaway in the hub of Nairobi city that has recently undertaken comprehensive refurbishments that offer modern and luxurious rooms and amenities while still preserving African tradition and culture within its iconic look.
“We would like to thank our customers and all those who gave this confidence vote. We are because of them and we shall always strive to give them the best. We cannot thank them enough,” – Jimi Kariuki, MD Sarova Hotels and Resorts, Kenya.
Panafric Hotel is set on a spacious natural, manicured botanical garden giving you panoramic views of Nairobi’s financial hub just 0.5Kms away. It boasts of a rich history having hosted African independence legends in the 1960s under the umbrella of Pan Africanism hence the name Panafric
- 0.5 km from Nairobi’s Central Business District
- 3 km from Nairobi Railway station
- 16.7 km from Nairobi SGR station
- 18 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- 5.7 km from Wilson Airport
Choice of 176 luxurious rooms located on various floors.
ROOM FEATURES & AMENITIES
- 77 Panafric Room – 22 sqm
- 55 Panafric Deluxe Room – 31 sqm
- 32 Panafric Executive Room – 31 – 39 sqm
- 9 Studio Suites – 44-53 sqm
- 3 Signature Suites – 63 sqm
Individually controlled air conditing, direct dial telephone, minibar (stocked on request), in-room safe, hairdryer, choice of pillows, bathroom amenities, LAN internet access, WiFi internet, complimentary bottle of water, flatscreen TV with a variety of channels, tea/coffee making facilities, iron & ironing board, umbrellas.
Panafric has 4 rooms that have been adapted for guests with special needs
. Our staff will endeavour to assist guests with special needs as much as they can and will attempt to anticipate your needs.
Panafric has a total number of 42 fully furnished and serviced apartments that are situated within the hotel. 28 are one bedroom and 14 are two bedroomed.
The hotel offers satellite TV, high-speed internet connection, 24-hour security reception as well as ample parking.
FOOD & BEVERAGES
Flame Tree Restaurant & Bar
Flame Tree Restaurant Offers a fusion of cuisines with influences from Continental and Pan African Cuisines.
• Full English buffet breakfast
• Healthy juices & award-winning Barista
• A la carte services (Lunch & Dinner)
• Fully stocked bar.
• Weekly Entertainment Program
• Well blended background music & high-definition LCD TVs.
Open daily 6.30 am to 11 pm
Pool Garden Restaurant
Pool Garden restaurant Offers gastronomic artistry with trendy, fashionable food with modern eclectic plating using locally grown ingredients and infusing international dishes. With its crisp clear swimming pool. Pool Garden Restaurant is an ideal and popular venue for that fun-filled- Sunday brunch for the inhouse guests and city residents who come to enjoy a bit of juicy barbecue in an al-fresco setting.
• Ideal for end of year parties, product launches, private parties, & wedding functions
Open 10.00 am – 11.00 pm
Pool Bar & Lounge
The ideal Chill out elegant Spot Set by the pool, the Pool Bar and Lounge is an open-air relaxed bar lounge offering ultimate fun with access to the pool. Inspired by Open spaces, it’s a place to Socialize, Mingle & enjoy a great relaxing time.
• Connoisseur selection alcoholic drinks
• Chilled wines & champagnes
• International hops & funky cocktails
• Delectable selection of bar bitings
• Up-tempo music
Open 10:00 am – Midnight
Located next to the spa, the pool offers a relaxing swim and a welcoming break when the weather is warm.
• Operational hours: 10:30 am to 6:30 pm daily
EXCURSIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Nairobi is a vital, modern city full of interesting places to see and things to do. The Nairobi experience is not complete without a visit to some of the following places:
Nairobi National Park
– Safari in the city, Nairobi National Park
is the only national park to border a city of this size. It is 113 square kilometres of plains, cliffs and forest, home to large herds of Zebras, Wildebeests, Buffalo, Giraffe, Rhino, Cheetah and Lions living wild within 20minutes of the centre of town.
The Giraffe Centre
– Get close up and personal with the Rothschild giraffes. Hand-feeding these magnificent creatures is a unique experience, they take food straight from your hand with their long blue tongues. This is a must-see and do, hands-on experience.
Nairobi National Museum
– The Nairobi National Museum boasts a fascinating range of cultural and natural historic exhibits. There are huge galleries of stuffed wildlife, displays of Kenya
’s tribal group culture, recreations of rock are and an exhibition of hominid fossils from Lake Turkana in North Kenya
Karen Blixen Museum
– This museum is the original farmhouse where the writer Karen Blixen (author of Out of Africa) lived between 1914 and 1931. It is a set of lovely gardens and is a famous piece of Nairobi’s cultural history.
David Sheldrick Animal Trust
– At David Sheldrick’s you’ll see young orphaned African animals being reared in as close to their natural environment as possible. Depending on when you visit there’s a good chance you’ll be able to pet a baby elephant and watch them suckle an elephant-sized bottle.
– Take a wander into the past and view the beautifully kept engines and carriages from the colonial days of the East Africa Railways. There are also fascinating displays of extraordinary railway memorabilia and artefacts.
Bomas of Kenya
– This is a cultural village where each Boma (homestead) was built using traditional techniques of different Kenya
n tribes. Through architecture, crafts, music and dance, this village serves to preserve and display traditional Kenya
For more information, reach us on +254 719 048 000 | +254 709 111 000
To find out more about our Wine & Dine offers, click here.