Travel Confidently, Mastering Ethiopian Airlines’ Baggage Rules For A Worry-Free Trip
Embarking on a journey with Ethiopian Airlines is a gateway to discovering the world’s beauty and cultures. As you plan your adventure, we want to ensure you have all the essential details at your fingertips for a smooth and hassle-free experience.
Understanding baggage rules, weight limits, and charges is vital to avoid any surprises during your trip. With Ethiopian Airlines, we prioritize transparency and convenience, which is why we provide you with comprehensive information about our baggage policies.
Before you take off, take a moment to explore our baggage guidelines to know your allowed weight limits and cabin baggage rules. Stay informed, and rest assured that our team is here to assist you in every step of your journey.For Carry On Baggage Each passenger may carry without additional charge, the following carry-on items the weight of which shall not exceed 5kg. The carry-on items are permitted for use during the flight and when retained in the passengers’ custody as listed here below
- A lady handbag, pocketbook, or purse, which is appropriate to normal traveling dress and is not being used as a container for the transportation of articles, which would otherwise be regarded as baggage.
- An overcoat, wrap, or blanket.
- A small camera and/or a pair of binoculars.
- A reasonable amount of reading material for the flight.
- Infant’s food for consumption in flight.
- Infant’s carrying basket.
- Duty-free items
- The maximum weight limit in a single bag is 32KG
- The sum of three dimension (Length + Width + Height) must not exceed 158CM (62Inches)
- If your travel starts in the United States and the first airline on your booking is not Ethiopian different rule may apply (Airline Operating the flight Website link)
- Certain types of baggage, such as irregularly shaped (circular shapes, protruding edges, drum shapes, etc.) and poorly packed baggage (bags wrapped in blankets or tied using ropes, light cardboard boxes, paper bags, and similar non-durable materials, etc.) will not be accepted for check-in or taken on to aircraft unless they are placed in travel bags with the maximum sum of the three dimensions (length + width + height) of each bag not exceeding 158 cm (62 inches). A tag, and name label, containing the passenger’s name, full address, and telephone number must be added to and inside each item of checked-in baggage.
Discover the world with Ethiopian Airlines, where we make traveling a joy, from takeoff to landing. Stay informed, travel smart, and embark on your next adventure with confidence!
For More Information On This Click the Link Below
Contact Centre: +254 20 3892349
Call us at Global Call Center
Tel: +251 116179900 For International Calls
*Terms and conditions apply
CLICK HERE FOR OTHER TOUR PACKAGE
Ethiopian Airlines (Ethiopian) is the flag carrier of Ethiopia. During the past seventy-plus years, Ethiopia has become one of the continent’s leading carriers, unrivalled in Africa for efficiency and operational success, turning profits for almost all the years of its existence. Operating at the forefront of technology, the airline has become one of Ethiopia’s major industries and a veritable African institution. It commands a lion’s share of the pan-African network including the daily and double daily east-west flight across the continent. Ethiopian currently serves 145 domestic and international passenger and cargo destinations.
ShebaMiles is Ethiopian’s Frequent Flyer Program. As a member of ShebaMiles, members accumulate miles that will entitle them to award tickets, award upgrades, access to executive lounges, additional free baggage allowance, and many other privileges. The more they fly the higher the benefits. Since December 2011, ShebaMiles has had a frequent flyer program partnership agreement with over 28 airlines including all the Star Alliance member airlines and over 80 non-airline partners (hotels, restaurants, shopping centres, etc…) where members have the privilege to earn miles whenever they use the services of these partners. To find more please go to ShebaMiles.
Follow us on:]]>